New York Cricket Region
The New York Cricket Region cordially invites teams interested in participating in a six-a-side tournament scheduled for Labor Day Weekend, September 1st and 2nd at Marine Park in Brooklyn, New York. A maximum of seven (7) players per team are allowed to register before Saturday, August 24th. Please email questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org @ email@example.com or call 917-266-5395.
An entry fee $250.00 and $2000.00 in monetary prize awards is expected based on the number of participants. Our goal is to accommodate eight (16) teams in which the tournament would be played on a knock-out format.
The tournament is made for excitement with rules and a venue that encourage aggressive batting and high scoring. Because every player (except the wicket-keeper) is required to bowl one over, the format suits all-rounder’s. CO-ED and Womens Teams welcomed.
• Matches are played between two teams of six players, and each game consists of a maximum of five six-ball overs bowled by each side (eight-ball overs in the final match.)
• Each member of the fielding side bowls one over, with the exception of the wicket-keeper. Teams are NOT ALLOWED to switch wicket-keepers during the match.
• Wides and no-ball count as two runs.
• If five wickets fall before 5 overs are completed, the last remaining batsman bats on with the fifth batsman acting as a runner. He always takes strike. The innings is complete when the sixth wicket falls.
• Batsmen retire not out on reaching 31 runs. The idea being to reach 36 runs by hitting 6 sixes. A retired batsman can return to the crease after lower-order batsmen either retire or are out.